The Antique Fly-In is ON for today, Saturday. Weather is improving and we are setting up for food and fun. Details here. PAAS Fly-In Director: Mike Strieter 301-440-5294. The airport number is 410-928-5270.
MASSEY AERODROME MD1 – THE AIRPORT IS OPEN TO AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC.
The Massey Air Museum Annual Board Meeting will be held on Friday January 22nd, @ 12:30 PM. The meeting, which is normally open to all members will not be this year because of COVID-19. Please address any issues by sending an Email to: email@example.com.
Updates and News are posted on Facebook (See Link in Menu: Above Right).
The Massey Air Museum is OPEN for Self-Guided Tours, pick up a Tour Guide sheet in the lobby. Feel free to ask questions (if you don’t see us, we may be working in the shop or outside). If the hangar entry doors are closed we will be glad to open them so you can also walk through the two community hangars. Although the DC-3 can get hot on sunny summer days, we will open the airstair door for you to go inside when it’s temperate. The An-2 is also open to tour. If your group is the only one in the museum (most likely) at the time you may remove your mask. The museum is restricted to no more than 10 persons at a time (unlikely, so don’t worry). Museum Hours: 11 AM to 5 PM every day. – Calling ahead is recommended.
- The An-2 biplane is now available for guests to enter after we stored the massive skis in the rear fuselage instead of the cabin. Don Hooker had already converted movable stairs into proper steps.
See new DC-3 & An-2 photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/massey_aero/albums/7215771518689416 or Album in Photo Library (Link in Menu: Above Right).
- To help with future events or any museum projects, see the volunteer info here.
- You can help support the Massey Air Museum, Inc. when you buy on Amazon Smile (@ No cost or obligation to you). See details here.
- SPACE AVAILABLE in Community Hangars, Call John @ 410-928-5270.
- Visit us on FACEBOOK – Use Link below or in the Menu to see our latest Posts > MENU (Above Right) or click Link below: https://www.facebook.com/MasseyAerodrome/
- Take a “VIRTUAL VISIT” TO THE MASSEY AIR MUSEUM: https://aviationhistorymuseums.com/blog/2020/8/6/massey-air-museum-massey-maryland
- Tony Bruno’s “Aviation History Museums” Blog has included Massey in
the latest issue (#14) and he did a fantastic job (unsolicited!). Use it to plan your driving tour of local Air Museums. Thanks Tony, what a pleasant surprise! Link to Tony’s Home Page: https://aviationhistorymuseums.com/blog
Biplane rides will be available at Massey from May through October and glider rides anytime (weather permitting with reservation). See Events Calendar below or click here: Biplane Ride Dates
GLIDER Rides: Contact Bob Dierker at: 410-699-1697, or at the airport.
- 2019 Museum Chatter Newsletter (Jan. 2020)
- “Flying Floods” & the Giles Henderson Clipped Wing Cub
- Ferrying Sportsman N124MK Back to the U.S.
- Recommended Reading (Top 10 Lists)
- 2018 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2019)
- Massey Library Program Instructions
- 2018 Vintage Sailplane Rally at Massey
- 2018 Antique Airplane Fly-In
- 2017 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2018)
- 15th Chili Fiesta Fly-In at Massey Aerodrome
Massey Air Museum